The Round 2 Lottery is Now Closed!
Starting in the Fall of 2017, the Hazel Miller Back to School Basics teacher grants will be awarded through a lottery process. This program is made possible by a generous grant from the Hazel Miller Foundation.
Round 1 Update: Reimbursement checks were mailed 11/16/17. Teachers who were selected but did not turn in receipts by 10/31/17 are disqualified for the 2017 program.
Round 2 Update: We still have funds to give away! People who submitted for Round 1, but were not select have been notified that they can start shopping and submit receipts. Beyond that, we still have funds available for approximately 30+ more teachers. The round 2 lottery entry is now closed to new entries!
Please direct questions to Lorna at the Foundation.
What: $125 teacher grants to use for classroom supplies. See FAQ sheet for examples of eligible items and those that are excluded from reimbursement
- Certificated teachers or specialists who did not receive a Back to School Basics grant in June of 2016 are eligible to enter their names into the lottery process. Those selected in Round 1 who failed to submit receipts are disqualified for 2017 and cannot submit their names again for Round 2. Not sure if you received funds through the 2016 program? Contact us and we can check that for you!
- One lottery per teacher or job share team. If you job share, we ask that you and your partner team up to create just one entry–select just one name to use for the lottery; job share teams will have a combined reimbursement limit of $125.
- If there are funds still available after selected teachers have been reimbursed, we will draw more names from this list until funds are depleted.
- To spread the reimbursement love around, 2017 Hazel Miller Back to School Basics grant winners will be asked to sit out the 2018 Back to School Basics lottery.
When: For Round 2, teachers may submit names until 9 am on Tuesday, November 28, 2017.
Lottery Process for Round 2
- Interested teachers should submit their names using the online form below by 11/28/17 at 9 am.
- Selected teachers will be notified via email by Wednesday 11/29/17. Teachers will then have until 12/8/17 at 4 pm to shop and submit their original receipts for reimbursements to the Foundation. Receipts must be dated between 11/29/17-12/8/17. See the FAQ Sheet for examples of reimbursable and disallowed items.
- Reimbursement will be limited to $125 for eligible items; disallowed items will not be reimbursed, so be sure to look at the FAQ sheet. Still not sure, contact Lorna with questions on potential items.
- As soon as possible after your receipt(s) have been received, a reimbursement check will be mailed to you.
Questions? Contact us!