Starting in the Fall of 2017, the Hazel Miller Back to School Basics teacher grants will be awarded through a lottery process. This program is made possible by a generous grant from the Hazel Miller Foundation.
Enterance into the lottery for the 2017 program has concluded. Teachers selected will be notified by email by the end of day, Tuesday October 17. That email will give instructions on how to submit receipts and guidelines on items eligible for reimbursement.
If you entered the lottery, but did not get an email, you were not selected at this time. If there are still funds available after the teachers in the lottery’s first round have finished shopping, additional teacher names will be drawn and subsquently notified. We will continue to draw names from those who entered the lottery until the funds are depleted. Please direct questions to Lorna at the Foundation.
What: $125 teacher grants to use for classroom supplies. See FAQ sheet for examples of eligible items and those that are excluded from reimbursement
- Certificated teachers or specialists who did not receive a Back to School Basics grant in June of 2016 are eligible to enter their names into the lottery process. Not sure if you received funds through the 2016 program? Contact us and we can check that for you!
- One lottery per teacher or job share team. If you job share, we ask that you and your partner team up to create just one entry–select just one name to use for the lottery; job share teams will have a combined reimbursement limit of $125.
- If there are funds still available after selected teachers have been reimbursed, we will draw more names from this list until funds are depleted.
- To spread the reimbursement love around, 2017 Hazel Miller Back to School Basics grant winners will be asked to sit out the 2018 Back to School Basics lottery.
When: Teachers may submit names until 4 pm on Friday, October 13, 2017.
- Interested teachers should submit their names using the online form below by 10/13/17 at 4 pm. LOTTERY NOW CLOSED TO NEW ENTRANTS.
- Selected teachers will be notified via email by the end of day on Tuesday 10/17/17. Teachers will then have until 10/31/17 at 4 pm to shop and submit their original receipts for reimbursements to the Foundation. Receipts must be dated October 17, 2017 or later. See the FAQ Sheet for examples of reimbursable and disallowed items.
- Reimbursement will be limited to $125 for eligible items; disallowed items will not be reimbursed, so be sure to look at the FAQ sheet.
- As soon as possible after your receipt(s) have been received, a reimbursement check will be mailed to you.
Questions? Contact us!