Starting in the Fall of 2017, the Hazel Miller Back to School Basics teacher grants will be awarded through a lottery process. This program is made possible by a generous grant from the Hazel Miller Foundation.
What: $125 teacher grants to use for classroom supplies. See FAQ sheet for examples of eligible items and those that are excluded from reimbursement
- Certificated teachers or specialists who did not receive a Back to School Basics grant in June of 2016 are eligible to enter their names into the lottery process. One lottery per teacher or job share team (see below).
- If you job share, we ask that you and your partner team up to create just one entry–select just one name to use for the lottery; job share teams will have a combined reimbursement limit of $125.
- If there are funds still available after selected teachers have been reimbursed, we will draw more names from this list until funds are depleted.
- To spread the reimbursement love around, 2017 Hazel Miller Back to School Basics grant winners will be asked to sit out the 2018 Back to School Basics lottery.
When: Teachers may submit names until 4 pm on Friday, October 13, 2017.
- Interested teachers should submit their names using the online form below by 10/13/17 at 4 pm.
- Selected teachers will be notified via email by the end of day on Tuesday 10/17/17. Teachers will then have until 10/31/17 at 4 pm to shop and submit their original receipts for reimbursements to the Foundation. Receipts must be dated October 13, 2017 or later. See the FAQs for examples of reimbursable and disallowed items.
- Reimbursement will be limited to $125 for eligible items; disallowed items will not be reimbursed, so be sure to look at the FAQ sheet.
- As soon as possible after your receipt(s) have been received, a reimbursement check will be mailed to you.
Questions? Contact us!